International Students - Radcliffe College

Visa Enquiries

Radcliffe College is licensed by the UK Border Agency as a Tier 4 Highly Trusted Sponsor (HTS) to enrol international students under Tier 4 of the Points Based System. Potential students wanting to apply for a student visa need to forward an unconditional or certificate of registration letter to their British Overseas Mission Office which can only be obtained from a UKBA licensed educational institute. You must also be able to show that you will be able to pay for the programme, support and have accommodation ready for yourself.


Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a visa to study in the UK

Unless you are from the EEA it would be advisable to get a visa before arrival. If you are a Visa National then you MUST get a visa before arrival.

Which visa do I need?

General Student Visa (Adult)

You can apply for this visa if you intend to study in the UK for up to three years. After completion of the course, you have to progress to a higher level course and the visa can be extended in the UK. This type of visa allows the student to study a full time course (15 hours per week course). At private colleges, like Radcliffe College, students have no right to work at anytime during their stay in the UK. For the student to obtain the visa; the student has to hold an English language level above B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Students will need a current SELT approved English qualification. You can find out the current list of approved SELT awarding organisations from the Home Office / UKVI website. Please note that the SELT list has recently changed and is subject to periodic update, so your existing English qualification may no longer be valid, especially if it belongs to an awarding organisation that is no longer on the SELT list of approved awarding organisations.

Student Visitors Visa

You can apply as a student visitor if you are 18 years old or over, you want to come and study in the UK for up to 6 months, and you do not want to work while you are here.

You cannot switch and apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa while you are in the UK as a student visitor. If you want to apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa, you must apply from the country you live in.

Those who do not speak English or whose level is lower than intermediate (B1) level, can apply for this visa. (Note that the minimum level of English required to apply for general student visa is B1 (intermediate level).

How do I apply for a Visa?

You need to contact your nearest British Overseas Mission office and complete the appropriate application form from the following UKVI Website. You usually will need to submit the following with your application to the Embassy/Mission office:

  • Your passport or travel document.
  • Two recent passport sized photographs.
  • The fee, usually in local currency, and it is not refundable.
  • Any relevant certificates that you have been awarded.
  • A letter from the college or university confirming your acceptance upon a course, including costs.
  • Evidence of sponsorship or evidence of funds to show you can support yourself in the UK.
  • This s usually a bank statements/payslips belonging to you or your sponsor).
  • A letter from your sponsor that shows s/he will sponsor you in the UK.
  • Any information that shows you have accommodation in the UK.

It is also advisable to have evidence that shows that you intend to leave the UK after your studies. This may be job offers/opportunities in your home country upon your return, property that you own in your home country, a wife/husband/children that you will return to.

For more Visa Information please click on this UKVI link.